Explore, discover, and learn on this family-friendly, half-day tour in beautiful Resurrection Bay, on an easy hike.
Exit Glacier Hike
Private, Guided Hiking Tour
- 2 Guests Per person
- 3 Guests Per person
- 4 - 6 Guests Per person
- Parties of more than 6, please call to book.
Wander back through time at Exit Glacier
Kenai Fjords National Park was created to protect the unique landscape of the Harding Icefield: a 700 square mile reservoir of ice high in the mountains of the Kenai Peninsula. As the only road-accessible glacier pouring forth from the icefield, Exit Glacier is a popular destination for tourists and scientists alike.
Embark on an adventure through time as you approach the Exit Glacier area, keeping an eye out for man-made and natural signs of this well-documented glacial retreat. Learn how to read the rugged landscape, what the changes here mean for ecosystems past and present, and how they inform our future as well.
We’ll hike along the banks of the roaring glacial outflow towards the perpetually changing face of the glacier. As we wander through cottonwoods, alders, and eventually out onto rugged rocky terrain, the landscape seemingly changes before our eyes.
This tour will explore why glaciers in this area are sensitive to the changing climate, how the flora & fauna are adapting and why these changes matter to us today. It’s a great hike for families and guests searching for a meaningful way to explore and learn about this popular area.
- Travel through time as you follow the retreat of Exit Glacier
- Learn more about the unique ecosystem of Kenai Fjords National Park
- Enjoy hot drinks beside the tumbling, glacial Resurrection River
- Positive attitude
- Day hiking pack (can be provided if needed)
- Rain jacket & rain pants (can be provided if needed)
- Warm synthetic layers
- Warm wool socks
- Hiking boots or sneakers
- Refillable water bottle
- Professional guide
- AK climate change Info
- Hiking poles (if desired)
- Day hiking pack (if needed)
- Transportation between our shop in downtown Seward and trailhead
- Snacks & hot drinks
This hike can be done on your own, but if you’d like to learn from a knowledgeable guide, let us take care of the logistics, and increase your climate change literacy + knowledge of this area, please join us!